BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, April 29, 2011

Starting Out

This is a test run.  Not sure if I'll even give out the address to anyone.  Who knows if I can keep up something like this.  We'll see!


I wanted to start a blog about moving out of the country because while I am preparing for the move I have done a lot of research and found other blogs to be extremely helpful.  They show a personal experience side that can't be found on straight fact websites.

So let me introduce myself.  My name is Signe and I am a citizen of the United States of America.  I am a high school science teacher pretty fresh out of college and I am moving to Costa Rica this summer.  I don't have my plane ticket yet.  I don't know how long I'll be gone.  I know it'll be a while.

Why I'm moving:  I wonder how well I can explain this...  Well of course the number 1 reason: I've got the bug.  The traveling bug that is.  A bit of wanderlust.  I lived abroad before and ever since then I've been dying to see more of the world.  It's the most intoxicating thing ever.  An unquenchable thirst.  I have to see more and do more.  I love my country, but I need to learn about other ones too.  The other reason would be I'm afraid of becoming an adult.  I like sleeping in til 10 and staying in my pajamas all day.  I like working just to get by, and going to the beach whenever I feel like it.  I don't like rules and I don't like being told "no".  So I'm quitting my job, selling my furniture and going to live my life in Costa Rica.

Why Costa Rica:  The real reason for this is because my boyfriend, Oscar, is from Costa Rica.  We met while I was living down there in 2008/2009.  He misses his country, and I want to leave mine (though I love it!) so it works well.  I'd be up for moving just about anywhere, but Costa Rica will also be nice because I've been there before and am comfortable with what I'm getting myself into.

The plan:  I applied for a chemistry position at a school in San Jose (please don't ask which) which I did not get.  I was upset (mostly because I'm not used to rejection) but it will all work out.  I've been offered substitute work at this school so that's what I plan on doing.  If for whatever reason the sub work doesn't go through, I'll try to find another job or I'll just go to South America for a few months to travel...

I have a feeling posts might be a little sparse until I actually move.  Right now I'm thinking maybe the end of July or beginning of August.

For those of you who don't know where Costa Rica is:


0 comments: