BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Butterfinger Ramblings

Really.  My fingers smell like butter.  I just put a peach cobbler in the oven that has some serious butter in it.  Yummmmm....

So school is finally over for me.  Today was the last day I had to go in.  It was a bittersweet day.  Well, mostly sweet to be honest.  I'll miss my fellow science teachers, and a few other folk.  But man I'm glad to not have to work anymore!  I was talking with another teacher who is moving to England to get her masters.  We talked about how we were too young to work full time.  It was nice to meet someone who thought like me.  I also found out that there is a teacher who worked at my school who is also moving to Costa Rica!  Go figure!

Now I am attempting to prepare for all these trips I have coming up.  I love traveling, but it's actually a little daunting for me this time.  My trips are: June 15-June19: Cedar Point/Hershey, PA; June 24-July5: California; July 15-July 31: DC, NYC, Upstate NY; August 9: Leave the country!  When in the world am I going to pack and move out of my apartment??

With that move on the horizon, I'm trying to get rid of all this stuff I have acquired over the year.  I just donated about 1/2 of my clothes, shoes, purses, etc. to a family that just immigrated from Africa.  I'm giving my car away to the El Salvadorian janitor at my school (yes, giving away.  I need some good karma...)  It seems like a kid on my mom's swim team wants all my pots, pans and dishes.  My friend wants my couch.  My mom wants my bed.  So I seem to have a good amount pawned off.

So me, Oscar, and my friends Adrienne and Kevin are all heading up to Ohio tomorrow.  I got a couch to surf thanks to my cousin Liz hooking us up.  Which is awesome since hotels there are stupid expensive.  I also called about a wheelchair at Cedar Point.  They're on a first come first serve basis, so we gotta get there early.  Oscar has agreed to push me around all day =)

Well I suppose that's enough rambling for now.  Gotta go check on that delicious smelling cobbler!!!!!

0 comments: