BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Getting Into the Swim of Things

I've now been living in Costa Rica for 1 week and 1 day.  All days leading up to this day were full of running around trying to get things together before Oscar goes back to work.  Well today is the day Oscar went back to work.  We both wanted me to have something to do during the day, but haven't found anything yet.  I'm still looking for an activity, part time job, something to do during the day.  I know good and well if I don't find something to do, I'll become bored.  And feeling bored leads to feeling miserable.  And feeling miserable will make me want to go back home.  Since I don't want to take that route, I'm going to continue the search!

I have found something to do in the evening which combines my mediocre swimming skills with my terrible hand-eye coordination-- water polo!  I've played a loose version of water polo with all my swim teams in which goals are two lawn chairs laid on their side, rules are: win at any cost, and teams are usually boys v girls.  So when the coach asked if I've ever played before, I told him "no".  In fact, I don't even know the actual rules to water polo!

The first practice was a great workout.  This could very well be because I haven't done any sort of physical activity for just about 2 years, or maybe it was just a great workout.  We did mostly  treading water and the likes, so about 15 minutes in, the insides of my knees were killing me.  Any swimmer out there knows what I'm talking about.  Too much breaststroke kicking when you're not used to it leads to some achy knees!  I think today I'll have to look up some youtube videos on water polo, the rules, and how to swim with that damn ball!  It's called dribbling and I'm just flat out terrible at it.



That's all for now.  I've got to go clean up and the likes.  Maybe take a nap with my Perlita.

0 comments: