BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, July 2, 2012

Just a little madness

It makes the world go round ya know?

Well yesterday I get an email from my mom saying that my flight to Germany was charged to her credit card FOUR times.  I immediately called my bank and come to find out the same ticket was charged to me SIX times.  I never noticed because I don't use my debit card for anything but big purchases (like plane tickets), for all other purchases I use my cash from work here.  After speaking with the lady from the bank on the phone, I call Delta.  I wait 10 minutes on hold then get someone who tells me I need some number from the purchases.  I call my bank again, wait another 10 minutes on hold, and get the numbers.  I call back Delta and after 10 minutes on hold, the man can't hear me (I was using Gmail phone which is free to the USA).  Finally, I use Oscar's phone and make a very expensive phone call to Delta, wait on hold another 10 minutes, and talk to a woman who asks for the numbers.  I give her the numbers and then she says "those are 2 number too short, it needs to be 13 numbers not 11".  I about slammed my head into the wall.  I pleaded with her "there must be another way to look up these tickets!"  She then transfers me to the online help people, and I'm forced to wait.. you guessed it.. 10 more minutes on hold.  In the end an extremely nice and helpful guy picked up.  It took about 30 more minutes (most of it on hold as he talked with his supervisor) but he refunded all the tickets for me.

*big sigh of relief*

I was quite proud of myself for holding it together while on the phone.  I mean we were talking about almost $7000 of wrongful charges!  Plus a constant phone tag, waiting on hold, and eventually a very expensive international phone call.  But, my mom always says "it's nice to be nice" and I was as polite as I could be to everyone who helped me.  I think that's why things went so smoothly.

I'm a little bit worried that they also refunded my plane ticket that I actually bought.  But when I go and check it online, it's still there and confirmed and what not.  I guess we'll see when I get to the airport tomorrow morning!

Speaking of the airport... there's currently a giant hole in the highway that goes to the airport.  Evidently it won't be fixed for another 2 weeks.  It's been causing huge delays and now we're trying to figure out a new route to the airport that won't take forever.  Luckily (sort of) my plane leaves at 7am so when leaving the house at 4:30 or 5:00am there shouldn't be much traffic.  But who knows!

Because of this hole, lots of ticos have gotten really good at photoshop.  This is one of my favorites.


And just because when it rains it pours, this morning I woke up with a scratchy throat and runny nose.  I assumed it was allergies, as I usually wake up with a little scratchy throat.  After 2 hours, I realized I was sick.  The day before I go to Germany!!!  NOOOO!  So far I have done the following:

- Gargled 4 glasses of warm salt water
- Ate soup
- Drank as much juice as we had in the fridge
- Drank 4 mugs of mint tea
- Ate almost an entire roll of Zorritone's (some skunk-based cough drop that does miracles!)
- Ate a clove of garlic, raw
- Took a 2 hour nap
- Took 2 fizzy Tabcin Gripe tablets (similar to Dayquil)

And I'm still feeling the same.  Ugh.  Hoping that I can sleep this off tonight.  Here's to hoping!

One final thing- I just realized I don't have an electrical converter for my camera and phone charger.  I'll have a good amount of time at the Frankfurt airport tomorrow, I'm sure I can find one for an outrageous price.  Maybe I can sell it when I get back here.

DEUTSHLAND!!!

1 comments:

David said...

Have an awesome time with the krauts and all their beer! Be healthy and you'll get over it soon.