BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Attack of the Worms!

No this is not a movie review of a SciFi original film.  This shit actually happened last night.

So we all know that when it rains, the worms come out of the ground.  Well evidently, not only do they come out of the ground, they also climb up your walls, leak through your open windows and then flip out all over your floor and on your feet.  ICKY!

Yesterday night we got a really good rainy season rain.  It was a downpour for at least 2 or 3 hours.  I was watching TV and Oscar mentioned "there's a lot of worms around there".  I assumed he meant outside on the patio.  Well he didn't.  I walked out into the kitchen to see the floor covered in worms!  Okay, I'll admit that's an exaggeration, but there were at least 5 worms on the floor.  I opened the door so Oscar could put them out, and they were in hoards crawling up the walls!  After I found a few in the bedroom, we closed the windows as tight as we could, and blocked the bottom of the door with a towel.

Perlita was of course delighted to tear apart the tossing and turning worms so that Oscar had to pick up the mangled worm pieces.

We never had this happen in the old apartment, but then again we were on the second floor above a paved carport.  I just hope it doesn't happen again!!  Yuck!!

Here's some pictures.  They're not very impressive since a) they were taken after the vast majority had been removed, and b) they're worms- not very photogenic.

One inside the house.

Crawling up the walls.

2 comments:

Jimena said...

holy Canoli!!!!
I've never seen that!! never even heard of it!! you get the prize for interesting tropical shit this week!!

Alex said...

I have also never seen such a thing! My first thought was, I hope they're just regular worms, and not the blood-sucking kind (i.e. leeches). Even regular wigglers are bad enough climbing your walls like that. On the plus side, maybe that's a sign that you should plant some flowers or something around the building! All those worms must mean GREAT soil!