BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Tico time and kid's day

Just some updates about my residency stuff--

Three weeks ago I sent an email to the worthless lawyer (henceforth known as WL) to see what was going on with my stuff.  After he didn't reply, Oscar called him.  Turns out the WL thought that my director had hired someone new and therefore didn't know anything about my case.  What he did know was that immigration was waiting for my divorce papers. *heavy sigh*  (FYI- single, never married)  So I wrote my director asking for the new lawyer's name so I could contact him.  This is when I saw my director upset for the very first time.  She sent the WL an email explaining to him she had already paid him the Costa Rican equivalent of an arm and a leg and she expected him to continue with my case.  I guess he agreed because he sent me an email saying he would go to immigration next week and give me updates.

That "next week" was last week.  On Friday since I still hadn't heard from him, I sent him an email.  Which he of course did not reply to.  So yesterday Oscar called him again and the WL says he will go into immigration today and have news for me this evening.

Well this is where "tico time" comes in.  When I was first told that he would be going in "next week" I assumed he meant within the next three weeks.  And yesterday when he said he would have news "tomorrow" I assumed he meant next week.  So hopefully in another week I'll have an update on my residency!  *fingers crossed for good news*

---

Since I've now been writing this blog in Costa Rica for over a year, I have a feeling some things might be repeated.  But, this Friday is evidently "El Día de los Niños", Kid's Day.  Eating lunch just now I had a kid ask "What are you going to do for us for kid's day?"  My response: "Nothing."  All the kids stared at me in shock.  They say: "But all the teachers do something on Kid's Day."  Me: "But I don't like kids."  *jaws hit the floor*  I ask them: "When is Teacher's Day?"  Kids: "There is no Teacher's Day."  Me: "Exactly.  When you guys throw me a Teacher's Day party I'll throw you a Kid's Day party."

I mean seriously?  Do I not do freaking enough for these lazy mofos to begin with?

Ugh.

I know Kid's Day is a pretty big freaking deal, so I'm actually kind of glad they told me about it.  Otherwise I'd look like a total ass for not giving those little hellions anything.  In fact, I'd probably get in trouble from the administration and from the parents.

I think I'll buy them number 2 pencils.  The brown ones.  And perhaps some carrots.

Happy Kid's Day you filthy animals.

0 comments: