BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, November 30, 2012

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Okay I shouldn't get too excited, but I have just completed another step in my residency process.

I FINALLY HAVE THE FREAKING PAPERS THE SCHOOL WAS SUPPOSED TO GET ME MONTHS AGO!

WOOOOOO!

WOOOOOO!

I have been asking the lady at the office since last Wednesday for the papers.  This entire week she has assured me "they're done, we just need to pick them up"  Well every day it was another excuse as to why they couldn't get the papers.  Today I asked in the morning "Oh I'll send Johnny".  I asked for them in the afternoon "Oh, let Johnny finish lunch then he'll go".  I asked at the end of the day "Oh, is it possible for you to go get them?"  (then goes on to tell me what a hassle it has been for her to get these documents.  Preaching to the freaking choir my friend.)

Umm, hell yeah!  I just want the freaking papers, I'll do a back flip over a pit of flaming knives if that's what I need to do to get them.

So I got my very first tico directions and went to get these freaking documents.

I'll admit it, I'm spoiled.  Oscar is tico so he knows his way around.  And he's awesome and drives me just about anywhere I need to go.  Or gives me absurdly detailed directions of how to get somewhere.  So this is the first time I've ever had to drive somewhere by myself when I had only a rough directions of "200m past the bus stop, take a right, 200m on the left".

I got lost, but eventually found the place.  It was hidden under a big "CLINICA DENTAL" sign.  I thought the whole building was the dentist, but just the top part was.  Anyways...

I HAVE MY PAPERS!!! YESSSSSSSSSSSS

So now I need to make about 3 copies of each paper before I turn them in.  Also, I need to make a $50 deposit.  My director told me a month ago or so that she was going to do it that day, but when I emailed her about it she never wrote back.  I'm going to safely assume she didn't do it.  So I'll make the deposit tomorrow.  Then on Monday, after an appointment with the Embassy, I'll waste my entire day waiting around in migracion.  I'm hoping that getting there by 9am or so isn't too late and they'll be able to see me that day.

Cross your fingers for me!  Hopefully this is the last hoop I have to jump through.  Then it'll just be waiting for migracion to get their act together and approve me.

*crosses fingers*

0 comments: