BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Oh how I have neglected you!

Apologies!

I promise it's because I'm somewhat busy doing other things.

But here we go-  Christmas was great.  We went to Oscar's aunt's house and had a lovely dinner.  I was feeling sick so I didn't get my full party on, but I had a good time anyways.  We watched some toros (as a reminder, here's my post on the toros from 2011.  The bulls are not slaughtered or killed) and enjoyed Oscar's little time off from work.

New Years came and we again went over to Oscar's aunt's house.  I started drinking way too much, way too early, which is the way NYE should be, right?  At midnight we all had to eat 12 grapes.  Where I'm from in the USA we always ate black eyed peas.  When I tried to explain black eyed peas to Oscar's family, no one had any idea what I was talking about.  So we ended up looking up a picture, and they still had no idea what they were.  Funny, I thought this was the land of beans!

Hanging out NYE

Anyways, so we ate our grapes and a few glasses of wine later I basically passed out on the couch.  Sometime later, Oscar scooped me up and we headed home.

A few days later Oscar's sister and her fiance invited us on a boat to Isla Tortuga!  So we went and had a great time.  We bought oysters from some oyster guy in a canoe.  He opened the oyster right there with his machete, chopped it up, added limon and onion, and served it up in the shell.  We got two different types from two different guys and I really liked the first guy's better.  He took out all the slimy parts and chopped it up real nice.  The second guy left it whole and when I tried to eat one I had to spit it out.  Too slimy!

Oscar underwater

Oyster guy!

The freshest ceviche ever!

And that about brings us up to date.  This Thursday Oscar and I will be heading to Colorado for a week of skiing and shenanigans.  It will be the first time Oscar ever sees snow!  So that will be exciting.  

For those of you who are interested, there's a direct flight from SJO to DEN!  It was a total score to find because all other flights had extremely long layovers (I'm talking like 18-24 hour layovers!).  In Denver we'll meet with my dad and his wife and they'll drive us to our final destination in Colorado.

I'm so excited I can barely stand it!!!

0 comments: